Dry or Rough skin? Need some relief, but don't feel like spending a bunch of money on skin products? Well I have just the technique for you! A home remedy that my bff, Kandie, told me about, I just altered just a bit.
You'll need 3 things:
1.) Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2.) Epsom Salt
3.) A small cup or bowl
(for those who don't have Epsom Salt around, you may substitute with regular Sugar. I prefer the Epsom Salt method myself, especially with my sensitive skin.)
Take some Epsom salt, and put the amount you think you'll use (area's may vary) into the bowl. (For my entire body, I used a little over half of a cup of Epsom Salt.) Add a small amount of the Extra Virgin Olive Oil into the bowl with the Epsom Salt. (For my entire body, I used 1/4 of a cup of Olive Oil.) Mix with your finger (or a spoon if you'd prefer) You don't want to put too much of the Olive Oil into the mixture. You are making an exfoliant and the oil spreads out easily.
Get into your bathtub and take small scoops of the product, rubbing it in small circles all over the desired areas. When you've finished, rinse off, wash your body with soap as usual. When you get out of the shower, don't fully dry yourself off, take some of your body lotion while your body is still damp and apply all over.
After you are finished, you should feel like a million bucks!
A few warnings:
If you are going to use this mixture for the bottom of your feet, please be sure to do this sitting down, and to rinse your feet off throughly. You will slip and slide, and possibly hurt yourself.
If you want a concoction for your face, please substitute the Epsom Salt with Sugar. The Epsom Salt could seriously injure your eyes should something go wrong.
People, like myself, with sensitive skin (Psoriasis, Eczema, ECT) this is okay to use.
Once again, I'd like to thank Kandie for sharing this wonderful idea with me to pass along!
Go to this site. This girl isn't just known for her makeup. She also has videos with home made skin remedies like champagne for your skin, or home made biore nose strips. She also uses egg whites to firm skin or creates her own face masks. It is really interesting. I haven't tried it yet, but I keep meaning to!
ReplyDeletehttp://www.youtube.com/user/michellephan?blend=1&ob=4#p/u/25/JS8chIVcPwc